Sunday 10 June 2018

Are you sorted for Fathers Day yet???

Beverleigh here, its been a long time but I'm blogging again!  Hows life been treating you all?  I'm great now, but not long after starting my blog, initially I had a serious health scare basically it was first thought that I had a brain haemorrhage (scary stuff).  Once that had been ruled out I had to undergo loads of tests and such to get a diagnosis - several rounds of treatment on and depressed state conquered and I finally feel ready to face the world again.

I have some exciting news - I have started my own You Tube channel called Beverleigh's Crafty Chaos H.  Its intended to be about all tings crafty and hopefully combining my two passions teaching and craft.
I hope over time to add videos on scan n cut, card-making, scrapbooking, knitting and crochet etc. etc.
The channel has been live for about a week and I have some subscribers already and receiving some lovely feedback.
I belong to several groups on Facebook and they have inspired me to go for it!!
My latest video is on how to create a novel shaped card, with embellishments using your Brother Scan N Cut I think the results came out super cute.  
If the design isn't your style, the tutorial could easily be adapted to suit your own requirements!!
It features a golf buggy as you can see in the photograph, the tutorial shows you how to create the cutting file from start to finish, in simple jargon free steps (always a bonus).  Part 1 can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4BpWNUMICA&t=148s and part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=507oaq9ul4g&t=3s .
When I made the file up I used a wet glue, cut out the base card, two matting layers one for the outside and one as an insert, the sentiment and the mat, the golf clubs i cut out in mirri card and red, so that I could paper piece my clubs to give them a red handle.  I then stamped and embossed with white powder the Happy and Day and put it all together as you can see in the photograph
If you are interested in following my journey then please follow my blog.
If you would like a free for personal use copy of my file then please head over to the link below and download and enjoy.  Please do not copy and sell my file or distribute but please send users over here to my blog to download the file. Get your Golf Buggy FCM file here

Thanks see you soon xx Happy Sunday

1 comment:

  1. I have almost completed this card. I found it a little difficult to determine the sequence to put together the parts. Also, there is no information on how you did the golf ball wheels or where you got them; I have download some photos of golf balls but I either cant size them to the right size or they don't have any shading when I try to work with it. Any advice would be appreciated so I can finish it in time for this weekend. Thanks
    Marcia Peacock
    mpeacockrealtor@gmail.com
    mpeacockrealtor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete