Wednesday 17 July 2019

Porthole underwater scene (seems holes are the order of the day)!!

Hi guys I've missed you all so much whilst recovering from my emergency surgery on Sunday 7th July 2019, to remove two rather large and nasty abscesses, thank goodness for the NHS, You can feel that they are stretched to the limit but the care I have received before and after has been outstanding.  I am still having my dressings changed daily and this will continue for several weeks as the wounds have to heal from the inside out, people that are squeamish please scroll on by right now.  Have included the picture of one of my wounds as this is also my family diary of significant events. LOL Ouch ouch xx

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I used my brand new distress oxide inks (I don't have them all yet!) and I managed to resist the temptation to buy them but I caved in and WOWEO I adore them, they are even easier to blend than the original distress oxides.  Blending has never been so easy, oxide ink coupled with toothbrush style makeup brushes (very similar to the 'life changing brushes'), I'm ashamed to say that I have used this type of brush to apply my makeup for a couple of years and never thought of using them to blend ink - until I saw the Picket Fence brushes.  I really did not want to spend so much on blending brushes, so a used one of my make-up brushes just to check it out and the rest is history.  I ordered another couple of sets of brushes cost me about £10 for both sets on Amazon (though the package arrived from China so took a couple of weeks to get here), just to make you aware if you were thinking of ordering any brushes. You can find them on Amazon here  this is what they look like:

I didn't think I would use the really small ones but they are great at getting into the nooks and crannies, when using stencils.
I then stamped and cut out my images (using my Scan n Cut, obviously) and got on with creating the scene.
What do you think?  I love it! (I will blow my own horn now and again LOL)


This is how the porthole file came out with the added extras:

I can see me using this for many of the men and little men in my life.  I'm thinking a lighthouse scene for my husband, as when we stay up at Roker (the coast in Sunderland) which is close to where my son lives in Washington, we stay in a lovely little B&B called "The Chaise"(canine friendly) and the sea view rooms overlook the lighthouse, my Hubby often takes our little Bella for a walk to the lighthouse before breakfast.

I hope that you will give it a try at making the file for yourself, as it really is a simple file to create and the skills you will learn will set you up for your own projects you can find a link to the You Tube video here.  However, as always for those of us who don't always have the time of course you can download the file for free here in FCM format and here in SVG format 
I look forward to reading your comments.  
As always please do not sell my files, individually or as a bundle but feel free to download them and make them into your own projects and recommend me to your friends, if you find my files and videos useful.
Many thanks and happy crafting love Beverleigh 10 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment